Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thing 22 of the 23 mobile things

Amazon App store, Quixey


As a Kindle user I do most of my searches through the Amazon app store. I have discovered several I have really enjoyed on their free app of the day. It's pretty simple to find enough to keep me busy by looking at recommendations based on other apps I've purchased. If Amazon is known for one thing, either for good or evil, it is guessing what you want next even if you don't know yourself. I am learning that to discover apps beyond what Amazon thinks I want I really have to dig. I'm getting better.


quixey logoQuixey was easy to use and I was pleased to see several familiar titles as well as less well known options for my areas of interest. There seems to be a good selection which is compatible with Kindle even if I can't always download directly from the Quixey site. The interface is clean and easy to navigate and I felt that the search options were easy to use. I liked being able to browse topics and to sort by trending. I will make a point of using this site to research apps I am considering purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment