Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thing 23 of the 23 mobile things

Evaluation


Go back to your thoughts/ideas about mobile devices and apps. Has anything changed as a result of this experience?

I have always been happy with the selection of apps that I have on my devices and have added a few things as I need them or as someone recommends them. This project has shown me how much more is available that I have never taken advantage of. I hope that I will continue to search for new apps and to discover more efficient uses of the devices I have.

What were your favorite Things and discoveries?

I liked the games and education things because they were fun discoveries, but I think I will get the most use out of note taking, sharing photos and audio. Many of the apps that I have tried will be discards once the project is done but I will be keeping more than I thought and look forward to spending more time with a few new favorites.


How did you connect with others doing the 23 Mobile Things?

I found that I really only discussed the project with co-workers in person. I never really connected with other participants which was a little disappointing. Most of my co-workers gave up after the first few things and I ended up loosing the ability to share the experience.


Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was surprised by the limits of the devices I was using. I never realized how much more an iPad has to offer in apps that other formats. It was a challenge to find alternatives for my Kindle and even sometimes for my Android phone. I feel like I developed better skills in searching for apps that fill my needs, but I think I also realized how little I need to do on my device other that check email, read, participate in common social media and stream video. While I don't think the Kindle has as much to offer as a stand alone tablet device as other platforms, for me what I can access is plenty.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or content?

I was satisfied with what the program offered with the exception of the lack of a social element. I never felt like there was a place to go to discuss what we discovered or a way to talk through challenges with other participants.


If we offered a another 23 Things program like this in the future would you participate?

Definitely. I like the chance to learn something new and to challenge myself to plow through the tough "things" where I couldn't easily explore the suggested apps. I also really appreciated the preview of the apps and tips on how to get started.

How would you describe your learning experience in one word or in one sentence, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment