Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thing 20 of the 23 mobile things

Candy Crush Saga, Bubble Mania, Take Ten


I have a rule with these and all gaming apps. I DON'T PAY. Sorry Zynga and King but I will work my way up the levels rather than spend my money on pretend candy, farms or kittens and when you make me pay, I'm done. That rant over, I will say I have spent more than my share of time on the games for this thing and many others.


candy crushI had to know what the big deal was with Candy Crush Saga, so a few months ago I gave in and got this app. Now I get it. It is so mindless, addictive, frustrating and triumphant. I have spent weeks on a single level convinced I'll never get it then surprise, I finally break through to the next level and it is just as challenging. I'm 168 levels in, have it installed on all of my devices and play at least every few days. Bravo to King for creating this monster, you have us hooked.


bubble maniaAlthough not an addictive as Candy Crush, Bubble Mania hits all the right notes. My kid took to it quickly and it is simple enough that we can work on it together. Watching the cat throwing bubbles is pretty darn cute, he looks so sad when you fail to advance to the next level than you want to keep playing just to see him dance with the tiny rescued kittens.



take tenWhen I first installed Take Ten I wasn't sure I would care for it. It sounds very simple but it took awhile to get the hang of it. I did find it pretty addictive and played it quite a bit the first few days. I'm likely to come back to this when I need something to do with my hands while watching TV, but more than that I can see it being helpful in learning addition and number recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment