Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thing 19 of the 23 mobile things

Spotify, All recipes




spotifyThis has been a very entertaining app to play with. I think I could spend a lot of time revisiting old artists and putting together the "mixed tapes" of my youth.To try out the app I created a playlist of songs I would like my kid to listen to when she gets a little older and doubts how awesome she is,  I was surprised to find all of the artistes I had mentally been jotting down for the last few months. I also searched for the original version of a song I've only ever heard the cover of and followed a few playlists I would like to have playing in the background while I do other things. This feels like a really simple way to discover new artists and to share your personal favorites with your friends. It feels much more interactive than Pandora which has been a favorite of mine so I am quite excited to have discovered this app.



The All Recipes app has been a lifesaver. I have used it so many times for really specific, traditional dishes that I don't have in any cookbook at home. I love the user feedback and the tweaks to the original recipes that people add. I also have great luck entering ingredients that I have at home to find recommendations for something to make. Although the app isn't as complete as the full site I have been very happy with the selection they do have and have noticed an increase in the quantity of recipes since I've started using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment