Saturday, May 17, 2014

thing 18 of the 23 mobile things

10 monkeys multiplication, Fooducate, TED


10monkeys10 monkeys multiplication is a fun app for quizzing the user on multiplication tables, but for my user at home who is just learning, the timed element of the game was frustrating and disappointing. Perhaps, saving the monkeys will be fun for her in a few years, or for me as a way to perk up my mind, but for now we will set this one aside




fooducateOh, I think this is more information than I want to know about what I am eating. I have scanned several of the packaged foods I have at home and was not terribly surprised to see low grades for the really processed things. I might use this to compare two items in the grocery store or to keep myself from making uniformed terrible choices in snacking. I liked the food tracking element and the goal setting that the app offers. If seems like a good compliment to other health apps I already use.

TED

Sometimes I like to just browse this app and look for presentations from my favorite authors or well known speakers when I need a little inspiration. More than that I hope to come across life changing presentations where you don't expect it. Here are two of my favorites...


Joe Smith: How to use a paper towel


Terry Moore: How to tie your shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment