Friday, March 28, 2014

Thing 6 of the 23 mobile things

SignNow and Quickoffice


signnowOh how I wish I had SignNow when I was buying my house. The first time we bought a house was 12 years ago and everything was done via fax or in person. Both methods of communication were inconvenient and time consuming. When we purchased our last house in 2012 we handled almost everything with texts and emailed or scanned PDFs on my laptop and phone. This allowed us to negotiate more smoothly and to generally move the process along at a quicker clip. The one piece we didn't have was an option for electronic signatures, the computer we had didn't have a touch screen and frankly I didn't know there was an app for that. This would have been a great time saver. I can see where this would be a great piece of technology in so many places and must be a tremendous help in business. Where people questioned faxed signatures when they first came on the scene, I can see where people could doubt the validity of this. It seems an obvious next step in conducting business from a distance and would be a great resource for outreach. I look forward to watching this develop.

quickofficeQuickoffice, which I was hoping to tryout on the Kindle was, like far too many things, not available for the Kindle. I explored other app options and the presentations felt really amateurish and across the board they had terrible reviews. I opted to skip this portion of this thing since I don't feel like I would use this on my phone and it seems like a waste of memory to have just in case. I would like to see a Kindle option since I'm sure I would use it in this format but until then I will have to drag out the old laptop to use Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment