Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thing 16 of the 23 mobile things

Sound Cloud

soundcloud This is one of my favorite apps that I've tried in this project. The variety of material offered is never ending and the format is simple to use. I was particularly happy to see the podcasts and spoken word content. I have been a regular user of Pandora for a while and have been happy with what they have to offer so at first I thought that this was just more of the same. Instead Sound Cloud almost fills in the gaps of what Pandora misses. I like selecting content rather than having it fed to me and I like being able to share selections via social media. While I did enjoy the option of letting it play in the background while I used other apps, I did find it a little difficult to shut the app down when I was done. I was pleased to see the app available on my Kindle and look forward to digging in deeper as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment