Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 4 of the 23 mobile things

flipboardFlipboard and Zite

zite

This is the point in this project that I realize that I just don't have time to take full advantage of each of these apps. I recognize the benefits of what I've learned so far and I still look forward to learning more but if all ever added was the two apps recommended in this thing I would never come out of the internet vortex. I prefer Flipboard to Zite if only for the more inviting interface. Zite seemed cluttered and I had a hard time filtering it to give me material that I really wanted to read. Flipboard seemed easier to, well flip through. I preferred the preset topics I could choose from on Flipboard. I think that if I had more time to spend with it I could tailor it to be a really useful time saving tool. If I'm reading on my phone, which seems to be the direction this project is leaning, I only have a few minutes and the material I found with Flipboard was more digestible in small bites. I also found that Zite seemed to cause both my phone and the Kindle to act up. I ultimately uninstalled Zite and will keep Flipboard for moments I have time to flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment